We are Bread SRSLY, makers of wildly nourishing, SERIOUSLY delicious, gluten-free and vegan sourdough bread in Berkeley, CA. Our mission is to reunite people with sourdough when they thought good bread was off the table. We bake thousands of loaves of bread each week and ship them all over the US to eager gluten-free eaters. We value organic ingredients, sustainable business practices, livable wages, fun in the workplace, and meaningful relationships with our staff, our vendors and our customers.
The Bread SRSLY Production Supervisor is the captain of the bread production ship. From hitting our daily numbers to helping production staff achieve their goals in the workplace, you will help your team achieve outstanding levels of quality, stability and job satisfaction.
We are looking for someone with superb interpersonal skills and experience building and leading a team. People you manage describe you as a clear communicator and an empowering leader. You treat people with kindness and patience while you help them succeed and grow in the workplace.
Our ideal candidate is a fast learner who is cool under pressure and approaches challenges with creativity, tranquility and optimism. You keep morale high and you navigate issues with fairness and candor. Your priorities in the kitchen align with our company culture of Communication, Respect, Collaboration & Teamwork, Food Safety, and Worker Safety.
You will have several direct and indirect reports. You will report to the Operations Manager. This full-time exempt position requires a flexible schedule Sunday-Thursday that will revolve around the needs of your production staff.
The Production Supervisor will:
- Foster a great work environment, emphasizing a culture of communication and safety.
- Measure, track, and share information about production performance daily.
- Celebrate workplace successes and recognize team member contributions.
- Check in with all direct reports, and maintain excellent records including employee files.
- Facilitate production team meetings, collect notes, and follow through on action items.
- Collaborate with staff to discover and implement new production efficiencies and test ideas.
- Develop new leaders in Production and help Production staff with career pathing.
- Structure, schedule, manage, hire, and train your production teams.
- Audit Production documents regularly including templates, job descriptions, training plans etc.
- Learn the essential functions of Baking, Mixing, Packaging and Dishwashing. Then make them better.
- Create robust training systems for Production positions and processes and train staff.
- Observe, improve and implement flow within production spaces.
- Maintain and enforce high food safety standards at all times.
- Implement and improve Quality Control, Allergen Control and Batch Control systems.
- Oversee timely and accurate completion of daily/weekly production documents.
- Author operating procedures and forms and revise as needed to reflect current processes.
- Represent the Production team at daily Operations team huddles, bi-weekly Operations team meetings, and monthly Management Staff Meetings.
- Manage personnel issues, disciplinary action, conflict resolution, and coaching.
- Bring new ideas to Production and lead the team to collaborate and innovate.
- Implement and participate in first responder program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Managed people and built teams
- Supervised food production or manufacturing for 1+ year
- Trained new employees
- Trained new managers
- You aim to do your best each day, and put your best foot forward
- You prioritize Food Safety and Worker Safety at all times in the workplace
- You crave feedback and respond to it gracefully
- You deliver feedback constructively
- You treat people with respect
- You are eager to learn, teach and share
- You help our business succeed
- You are able to manage a large workload through effective prioritization
- You are a strong communicator within production and cross-functionally
- You take a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
- You are able to see the “big picture” when making decisions
- Conversational Spanish and willingness to improve language skills
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lb.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- A Bachelor’s, Associate’s, Culinary degree, or equivalent work experience
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- Authorization to work in the US
- 2 Professional references
- Curiosity about food
- Prior bakery experience
- Knowledge of Gluten-Free ingredients and processes
- Experience with Just-In-Time manufacturing
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience managing multiple shifts
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid vacation
- 5 paid company holidays per year
- Great coworkers + Delicious gluten-free sourdough bread
This exempt salaried position pays $60,000-75,000 per year DOE, and commences on or before January 15, 2020.
Please let them know you heard about it from Luke’s Circle