Nutiva nurtures vitality by consciously curating the world's finest plant-based organic foods. For us, it starts with organic, non-GMO farming—done without chemical pesticides or fertilizers. Our pure superfoods provide vital nutrition while accelerating the organic food movement. Serving as catalysts, innovators and pathfinders, we inform and inspire, offering thoughtful solutions to planetary challenges. As these ideas take root, communities everywhere are strengthened. We’re Green Business certified, holding ourselves accountable to sustainable principles by reducing our carbon footprint, becoming a zero waste facility, and donating 1 percent of our sales. Join us in raising the bar for social and environmental responsibility. Together we can ensure a vibrant future by revolutionizing the way the world eats!
Based in Richmond, CA and reporting to the Sr. Purchasing Manager, this individual will be responsible for sourcing, developing special-packaging solutions, identifying and implementing cost saving opportunities and working to support the objectives of Nutiva. This is a hands-on role where leadership, creativity and a high energy level makes all the difference. This position is the lead on packaging purchasing, and, as such, must have packaging experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- 2 - 4 years of purchasing experience with primary packaging and secondary packaging. (Rigid, Flexible, Corrugated, Labels)
- Proven understanding of packaging components, supplier processes, manufacturing processes.
- Experience analyzing the packaging spend and identify cost reduction opportunities by employing various tactics (e.g., Request for Quote, Supplier Rationalization, Make vs. Buy).
- Background negotiating pricing and payment terms with suppliers.
- Proficient in all MS Office programs and department-related computer programs.
- Knowledge of ERP, Great Plains a plus
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Act as the purchasing and technical lead for all packaging related projects
- Drive projects forward working closely with multi-functional product development teams, component vendors and contract manufacturers
- Conduct in-depth technical feasibility assessments on packaging design, including environmental impact, supply chain, manufacturing, cost drivers, intellectual property and consumer impact
- Develop and execute package qualification plans, line trials, sampling, and equipment capability studies to ensure a successful commercialization
- Create packaging related specifications, finished product manuals and consistently manage data accuracy
- Champion Nutiva’s Sustainable Packaging Program, new technologies and product ideas
- Travel and work independently at plant and vendor locations
Please let them know you heard about it from Luke’s Circle