Nutiva nurtures vitality by consciously curating the world's finest plant-based organic foods. For us, it starts with organic, non-GMO farming—done without chemical pesticides or fertilizers. Our pure superfoods provide vital nutrition while accelerating the organic food movement. Serving as catalysts, innovators and pathfinders, we inform and inspire, offering thoughtful solutions to planetary challenges. As these ideas take root, communities everywhere are strengthened. We’re Green Business certified, holding ourselves accountable to sustainable principles by reducing our carbon footprint, becoming a zero waste facility, and donating 1 percent of our sales. Join us in raising the bar for social and environmental responsibility. Together we can ensure a vibrant future by revolutionizing the way the world eats!
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will manage all processes related to the General Ledger and subsidiary accounting, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting operational and financial results for manufacturing and distribution facilities. The position also provides hands-on financial support to operations and logistics management to enhance their ability to make informed financial decisions. This position will be responsible for developing and recruiting a high-performing team that will scale to the Company’s growing needs while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with each department.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in general ledger closes in a cost accounting environment, preferably in a multi-location process manufacturing environment. Food manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Strong skills in managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial management.
- Ability to synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; use intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Able to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Strong software skills, ideally including advanced Excel (i.e. pivot tables, V-lookups, macros), PowerPoint, Great Plains or similar manufacturing-based GL system, budgeting software, consolidation software and CRM software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of an ERP financial system, including cost accounting and manufacturing modules/systems and standard product costing, including activity-based costing.
- Prior experience in successful systems implementation preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- CMA or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated engagement in making the world a better place through sustainable business practices and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
Please let them know you heard about it from Luke’s Circle